721 Clifton Ave., Suite 2-A
Clifton, NJ 07013
Phone: (973) 777-7727
Fax: (973) 779-7906
Dr. Leu is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in General Internal Medicine and in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism.
He is a graduate of Boston University Medical Center. As a specialist in Endocrinology, he is on staff at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Paterson and St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital in Wayne.
Dr. Leu specializes in the treatment of diabetes, thyroid diseases, pituitary diseases, adrenal diseases, osteoporosis, and other metabolic disorders. He also performs thyroid ultrasounds and thyroid nodule biopsies.
Dr. Leu credits a natural sense of curiosity for making him want to get to the root of medical problems. "I like to dig deeper in evaluating all of the patient's symptoms to help determine the best course of treatment.”
An Endocrinologist is a medical specialist engaged in the study and practice of the endocrine system and its effects on a patient's overall health. Endocrinologists diagnose and treat hormonal and metabolic problems by helping to restore the normal hormonal balance.
"It is very rewarding to help a patient regain a sense of health by diagnosing their symptoms and providing a solution," said Dr. Leu. Many patients require continuous care and are monitored for chronic conditions that stem from problems with their endocrine system.
Endocrinologists take care of many of these conditions, which include:
- Thyroid diseases
- Thyroid cancer
- Metabolic disorders (over or under production of hormones)
- Cholesterol (lipid) disorders
- College: Bachelor of Science, Brown University
- Medical School: Medical Degree, Boston University School of Medicine
- Internship and Residency: Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, NYC, NY
- Fellowship: Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
Honors & Awards
- American Diabetes Association 68th Scientific Session Travel Grant Award for presenting an outstanding abstract and oral presentation at the 2008 ADA annual conference
- Montefiore Medical Center Annual Research Symposium Best Abstract Award, 2008.
- Stanley J. Sarnoff Endowment for Cardiovascular Science Research Fellowship, 2000-2001
- St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Paterson
- St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital, Wayne
- Mandarin Chinese